Tim Oakes

Made to make you think

Monday, October 03, 2005

Too much?

I got thinking today about cars. A friend of mine is looking to buy one and I started to think if I was loaded what car would I buy. A twinge of Christian conscience then said that I’d limit my choice of car coz I’d lose the respect of Jon Matthews if I cruised round in a Rolls! But a serious point, when we all start earning lots how much is too much? At what size house and how large a garden do we stop our excess? I was thinking that I’d quite like to be one of those guys that had an Audi, 5 bed house, sea views but is that too much? I’d get by with a crappy Fiesta and 2 bedroom council house but is that selling myself short?

How much is too much?

7 Comments:

  • At 4:39 pm, October 04, 2005, Blogger Jon said…

    That's selling yourself high, loser.

     
  • At 10:00 pm, October 04, 2005, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    Have nice things but don't let them become your aim or the most important thing in your life.

    I heard last week avbout the man who spent 11 million dollars on a space holiday. Can you justify that? But if you've got the money, why not allow yourself an out of this world experience? I dunno.

     
  • At 9:03 am, October 05, 2005, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    The trouble with our blogs is that we're all Christians and mostly our friends are too so you're not going to get a good argument about money things, or even a particularly wide range of views.

    What you need is a topic that doesn't have a party line, like ...

     
  • At 9:05 am, October 05, 2005, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    Tea that is made using a teabag in a mug cannot be considered tea.

     
  • At 1:37 pm, October 05, 2005, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    I have just read your new subtitle. It didn't say that before, did it? The bit about girls I mean. Is that addressed to me? I am sure you are not allowed to be sexist on your blog. There is probably a code of conduct that forbids such discrimination. It's a good job I am a lady.

     
  • At 3:12 pm, October 05, 2005, Blogger Tim said…

    Liz you were exactly right. You truely are a lady. I was excluding all the girls that talk about knitting etc.

     
  • At 3:21 pm, October 05, 2005, Blogger Jon said…

    Don't forgot the idiots who are 'crazy about UFO's

     

Post a Comment

<< Home