Tim Oakes

Made to make you think

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Justice... of a sort!

So it was nearly three months ago I was photographed speeding. Not unusal in modern day and I probably throurghly deserve a fine but I was annoyed because at the time I was driving the work van. Although it's a Merc it really struggles to hit 70 on a motorway and much less up hills. Anyway I managed (for about 5 seconds) to top 80 in it on the one and only occasion I have driven it and unfortunately a speed camera was there to verify my claims. After alot of anxious waiting the ticket finally arrived and so I thought I had nothing to lose I was going to explain the situation. The biggest kiss ass letter I have ever written but I guess someone read my story with sympathy and today I recieved the confirmation that they will not be taking my prosecution any further!

So my advice in getting out of speeding fines:

Don't lie and admit you were wrong and very naughty.

Express your upset and embarrassment that you are now a criminal.

Happen to be driving a charity owned vehicle.

Pray!

7 Comments:

  • At 5:27 pm, June 07, 2006, Blogger Tim Lovell said…

    You're a very naughty boy. And whats this secret that Liz knows about that's got your knickers in such a twist?

     
  • At 10:59 am, June 08, 2006, Blogger Tim said…

    Well Liz is trying to make out it's about me but I'm an open book - no secrets here. Liz made a cheeky comment originating from the gossip one of the elder members of our church about someone in our blogging community. I was worried the funny side wouldn't be seen and so to try and avoid upsetting people I had to delete Liz's scandalous comment!

    Now everyone is wondering if it was about them - haha!

     
  • At 3:28 pm, June 08, 2006, Blogger Liz Hinds said…

    Well you would say that, wouldn't you, Tim (O)?

     
  • At 3:42 pm, June 22, 2006, Blogger Anna said…

    So how does that work then? You were actually speeding, and you wriggled out of paying by being remorseful? What would you think if they let off an armed robber because he seemed pretty sorry and gave his loot to the poor? Honestly, if they're going to have speed cameras they should at least prosecute people.

     
  • At 7:34 am, June 23, 2006, Blogger Tim said…

    There speaks a jealous voice! Do you have points on your licence anna?

     
  • At 8:18 pm, June 24, 2006, Blogger Jon said…

    Mr. Oakes also failed to add that he was actually racing somebody when he broke the speed limit.

     
  • At 8:33 am, June 25, 2006, Blogger Tim said…

    You can't possibly race a rubbish old van full of people and gear. I was simply trying to catch up with the convoy so we didn't get lost!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home